Cloud Chamber Scrubber
Cloud Chamber Scrubbers
The Cloud Chamber Scrubber is best control technology available for fine particulate and acid gas emissions. The Cloud Chamber Scrubber (CCS) treats PM2.5, fine, submicron, ultrafine, and condensable particulate as well as PM10 and more coarse particles. Simultaneously, all soluble acid gases are removed at the same high levels as conventional scrubbers. The CCS is a major advance in multipollutant control devices. Using highly charged water droplets as collectors, the CCS is a proven solution for simultaneously treating fine particles and pollutant gases. The Cloud Chamber Scrubber sets a new performance standard as a 21st century technology.
CCS Provides Simultaneous Removal of Particles and Acid Gas
- Based on patented discoveries and innovations in electrofluidics.
- Proven submicron performance at efficiencies typically greater than 99%.
- Capability to capture particles even smaller than 0.1 micron.
- Energy efficient. Only 10 watts per 1000 cfm to charge the water droplets, plus moderate pump power for water recirculation.
- Less than 1.5˝ w.g. pressure drop across the system.
- Gas temperature, particle solubility, resistivity, and reactivity have little effect on performance.
- Handles heavy loadings. Not sensitive to load flux.
- Also removes any gas that can be treated by a wet scrubber, including hydrogen chloride (HCl), sulfur dioxide (SO2), ammonia (NH3), and hydrogen sulfide (H2S), plus other acids and caustics.
- Ultra-low water usage for “blowdown” discharge of captured pollutants.
- Energy recovery options available.
- Large stationary diesel
- Glass melting furnaces
- Fiber optic manufacturing
- Solar panel fabrication
- Syn-gas cleaning
- Asphalt shingle manufacturing
- Solid fuel industrial boilers
- Oil and gas fired boilers
- Waste incinerators
- Abrasive production
- Smelters and foundries
- Chemical manufacturing
- Curing ovens, dryers, rotary kilns
- Plastics manufacturing
- Sulfuric and nitric acid production
- Many more
To learn more about Cloud Chamber Scrubber,